Refine Your Search
- Sub-compact tractors are the smallest tractors, suitable for cultivating a medium- to large-sized garden or lifting small loads (less than 800 lbs). They typically have less than 30 horsepower.
- Compact tractors are ideal for large gardens or light construction work, and generally range from 30 to 50 horsepower.
- Utility tractors, sometimes known as compact utility tractors (CUTs), are small versions of agriculture tractors, making them ideal for landscaping and managing tasks on large properties. They have between 50 and 140 horsepower.
- Row-crop tractors are commercial agriculture tractors designed to cultivate expansive fields and lift massive loads. They tend to have more than 140 horsepower and some have upwards of 600.
- 2WD tractors are to be used for light-duty garden work only.
- 4WD tractors are by far the most common because they offer superior traction and implement towing ability.
- Track-type tractors tend to be used more in construction, but there are a few that offer excellent grip and maneuverability.
Manufacturer / Model
- Tractors with a ROPS (rollover protection structure) feature are the most common. In this cab type, a simple rollbar protects the driver in the case of the tractor rolling on an incline or being flipped around by a power take off that gets stuck on something immovable.
- Enclosed cab tractors tend to be more for commercial use. These obviously provide the best protection from the elements, and some are even climate-controlled to offer the operator a comfortable working environment.
This is the amount of power produced at the crankshaft of the tractor's engine.
There are two basic types of transmissions in modern tractors: gear (mechanical) transmissions and hydrostatic transmissions.
The manufacturer's suggested retail price.
This is the industry standard by which hydraulic lifting capacity is measured. If you only plan to use implements that run off of the power take off, then this metric may not be important to you. However, odds are that you will want your tractor to be capable of doing some heavy lifting from time to time.
These are the standard features that come with the tractor.